Thursday 18 June 2015

A colour challenge!

Hi everyone!
I'm here with my DT card for CAS-Colours and Sketches and this week it's based on these colours...



I decided they would make a cool male card, so I went with a Father's Day card for my Dad! 


I first of all cut the word 'happy' from a piece of card, using the Hello You Thinlits, then layered a piece of Delightful Dijon under it. 


The 'Father's Day' is from Crazy About You and that is stamped in Cucumber Crush. I attached the finished panel to my Basic Gray card base using some retired Washi Tape. Suitably male I think! 

I hope you enjoy playing with these colours and I can't wait to see your cards! Do pop over to the rest of the DT if you need more inspiration!



5 comments:

  1. love the pahhy die cut it's fab, so is the card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lizy, I wasn't sure about these colours but when I saw your card I knew what I wanted to do! thanks for the challenge and the inspiration. Love your contempo look for Fathers Day. Great card
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that die cut happy used like a stencil. You really rock SU products, I'm always inspired by your creativity with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That washi tape is perfect for this challenge. I like the way you've used the negative of the 'happy' in the card - I always forget you can do that too. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool to use the negative of the die cut! I like the different dimension that it gives. I'm amused that you, Louise, and I all had Father's Day in mind for these challenge colors! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts